Monday, October 5, 2009

Olivia Noel Ray

My beautiful 10 year old cousin was involved in a terrible accident on Saturday morning in Arkansas.  While on her way to a fun run for her church, she was hit by an SUV while crossing the street.  She went to be with the Lord on Saturday afternoon. 
I was lucky enough to have seen her last month at our family reunion.  Her smile will be missed and I am lucky to call her my cousin.  I only wish I would have been able to see her more often since we lived so far away from each other.
Please watch this video to see how many peoples life she touched in her short 10 years of life.  Please pray for my Uncle John, Aunt Jane, and her sisters, Hope, Hannah, and Naomi.  Their pain has only begun to start.
My mom, Aunt Barbara and I are flying out Wednesday night to Arkansas for the funeral.  I cannot even begin to think what a gut wrenching few days this is going to be for all of us.
Here are just a few pics that I thought I would share (some I took from Hopes facebook page!)
Uncle John, Olivia, Aunt Jane and Naomi

The Ray Family..creative and beautiful as ever!!!
Jane, Hope, John,
Olivia, Naomi, and Hannah

Olivia Noel Ray

Her beautiful smile!


Olivia and Naomi..silly girls

This was taken at our family reunion last month! 
The Ray side!
(well, some of us!)

John, Olivia and Hope


May 3, 1999- October 3, 2009
Olivia..you will be missed so much.  Until we meet again...
I love you..Steph!

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is so sad..Your family is in my thoughts and prayers during this hard time!

Stephanie said...

Steph, I am so sorry. This truly hurts my heart to hear. I cannot imagine the pain you and your family are going through. Please know you are all in my prayers.

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry for you and your family... that is so sad, I cannot imagine... you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Kimmie said...

What a sad post to read but thank you so much for sharing. Being with the Lord is a great place to be once the time comes, Im just sorry to hear hers was so soon. What a gorgeous and bright smile she had. Im so glad you were able to see her a month ago.
Be safe heading to Arkansas and I will be praying for all of you.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a horrible tragedy. I will be thinking about you and your family during this time.

Kirsten: said...

What a beautiful post Steph! I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Safe travels to Arkansas and back. Love you always!

Tam said...

This was a beautiful post. I am a loss for words. It is such a tragedy. You all are in my prayers!

Blessings From Above said...

You have been in my thoughts. Praying for your family during this tragic time.

Ashley said...

How heart breaking, I am so sorry. She was a beautiful girl and she has gone on to a more beautiful place. My thoughts and prayers to your family.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Oh, Stephanie, I am so very sorry for your loss. I cant imagine the pain your entire family is dealing with. Ill be thinking of you this week..

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. She is a beautiful young lady and now one of our angels. God Bless you and your family.