Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Its hard to believe our reunion was a month and a half ago! We had such a wonderful time in Hope and look forward to going back to visit! Small towns are fun to visit, but I sure could not live there!
Nana and Landon
Landon and his great grandpa..Papa!!
Mom and Papa
Some old pictures from our previous reunion. The last time I was there was when I was pregnant with Landon!
Lindsey and I
The boys playing football! Landon felt right at home! ;)
Aunt Barbara, Aunt Lane and my mom!
Of course we had to visit the Clintons gravesite. The whole time is cover in Bill Clinton stuff! lol My mom actually went to the same day care (years later) as Bill Clinton did! Oh the things to be proud of! ha
I'm smack in the middle and Landon is the 2nd kid from the right!
The Ray side!
(Olivia is right next to Landon in the front!)
Crazy monkeys! Landon, Olivia (in the middle), and our other cousin.
So there you have it!
Thank you all so much for your sweet messages, comments, phone calls over the last week. It was such a wonderful feeling to be in Arkansas with my family.
They services were just amazing. I felt weird saying that about a funeral, but thats not what is was. They did such a great job making it a celebration of her life! She was a wonderful little girl that went way too soon, but we all know she is in such a better and more beautiful place. Olivia has been to more countries, missions, and served her Lord more than many adults I know (including myself) She had a wonderful 10 years and they portrayed that so great at the services.
There were over 800 people at the service! They also have friends and family all over the world, so they had it broadcasted on the church website LIVE. They had over 1,000 people watch it online. Theres just a little glimpse at how many people loved this little girl and her family!
My aunt, uncle and cousins are so strong in their faith and doing as good as can be expected. They have a tough road ahead of them, so please continue to keep them in your prayers.
I still have a bunch of posts that are half done to post! I need to get to work I guess!
Monday, October 5, 2009
My beautiful 10 year old cousin was involved in a terrible accident on Saturday morning in Arkansas. While on her way to a fun run for her church, she was hit by an SUV while crossing the street. She went to be with the Lord on Saturday afternoon.
I was lucky enough to have seen her last month at our family reunion. Her smile will be missed and I am lucky to call her my cousin. I only wish I would have been able to see her more often since we lived so far away from each other.
Please watch this video to see how many peoples life she touched in her short 10 years of life. Please pray for my Uncle John, Aunt Jane, and her sisters, Hope, Hannah, and Naomi. Their pain has only begun to start.
My mom, Aunt Barbara and I are flying out Wednesday night to Arkansas for the funeral. I cannot even begin to think what a gut wrenching few days this is going to be for all of us.
Here are just a few pics that I thought I would share (some I took from Hopes facebook page!)
Uncle John, Olivia, Aunt Jane and Naomi
The Ray Family..creative and beautiful as ever!!!
Jane, Hope, John,
Olivia, Naomi, and Hannah
Olivia Noel Ray
Her beautiful smile!
Olivia and Naomi..silly girls
This was taken at our family reunion last month!
The Ray side!
(well, some of us!)
John, Olivia and Hope
May 3, 1999- October 3, 2009
Olivia..you will be missed so much. Until we meet again...
I love you..Steph!
Friday, October 2, 2009
- Landon has football every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturdays..he is so freaking cute in his uniform and is such a good player! Wears me out, but he loves it!!
- I have been to 4 PTA meeting or trainings this month! (not complaining, but it has been very time consuming!)
- I booked Landons birthday party! (Dec 12th!) His bday actually falls on a Saturday this year! I still cant believe my baby will be 7!
- I went to Learning Express this week and bought one of Landons bday presents..an ant farm. Boy, times have sure changed...just a few years ago I would have never imagined having an ant farm in my house! lol
- I started Christmas shopping last week!! (and just to really scare you...if you get paid weekly, only 11 more paychecks until Christmas!!) Scary!
- Landon decided to be a boxer for halloween this year. Only problem..I went to 4 stores and they are already out of mediums everywhere :/ (it was still September people!!!) So I had to bite the bullet and order it online! It came in yesterday and looks so freaking cute on him!
- I completed my first fundraiser as The Fundraiser Chair! It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be!
- I have 2 more sets of baby letters to make!
- I have 3 friends pregnant with boys right now!
- Still have my family reunion trip to post (and a few more!)
- IS IT REALLY OCTOBER ALREADY!?!?!
- I dont have enough time in the day for tv, facebook, work, homework, and being a mom! lol Meing a mom and homework is trumping all my extra curricular activities these days! ;)
- Actually, I just stay up WAY too late to try and catch up on ALL the shows I DVR!
- Biggest Loser is starting out so good this year!! I sure as heck hope Tracy goes home soon though!
- The new Jason Aldean cd is awesome :)
- Landon told me the other day that if you cant find a wife, that you can just buy a kid! Wow...the things that come out of this kids nouth CRACKS me up!
- and last but certainly not least...guess what I got this week?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
NEW MOON TICKETS FOR THE PREMIERE!!!
I cannot wait...we are going to have sooooo much fun! I am meeting up with some fellow bloggers, so I'm sure we will have pics! ;)
So there you have it...a little of whats on my mind!
I really have to get on the ball with updating! I'm am getting super behind!!
Hope you are all ready for some fall weather..I know I sure am!!!
Happy Fall Ya'll!!!! ;)